hello

it works in eclipse...

next important problem is...

i can define lifecycles like
compile
package
cargo:start
etc..

if i do this in eclipse it does not work...

compile works
but if i use
package or cargo:start
eclipse throws

[ERROR] project-execute :
org.apache.struts.ShaleShop:ShaleShop:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT (
task-segment: [package] )

why?
stephan

2006/6/14, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>From: "Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 6/14/06, stephan opitz wrote:
> > i wanted start programming with shale...
> > so i tried to integrate the shale blank war into eclipse as a new tomcat
> project
> >
> > because i was not able to configure maven2 and shale into eclipse i'm using
> ant.
>
> If you'd like to try Maven 2 again, we have an archetype in the sandbox.
>
> Follow the instructions here for 'mvn archetype:create ... ':
> > DME.txt>
>
> Then change into your new project directory and run 'mvn eclipse:eclipse'.
>
> I don't use Eclipse, but it works great for IDEA ('mvn idea:idea').

I've just started using this plugin http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html.

You can generate the eclipse project files using "mvn eclipse:eclipse".  After the plugin is
installed, you have set the maven repository for each new workspace under the preferences.  The maven
"eclipse:eclipse" goal will generate a .classpath file that points the the maven repository.  You
still have to create a variable for "M2_REPO" under the project library tab to the maven repository.

Gary