On 6/14/06, Marty Phee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Removed spring and it works.  Thanks for the pointer.

So, if I use spring you must have managed beans for all JSP's?  Not sure
if I"m actually going to use spring.

It appears that this is the effective state of the current implementation.
But I consider that a bug -- it should be possible to use this combination
of stuff together, without any requirement that a view controller exist for
each page.  It would help us make sure this gets attention if you could file
a bug report documenting your experiences with this, and then note the
workaround (removing Spring) that made it work for you in the short term.

http://issues.apache.org/struts/

Craig

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Marty Phee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Here you go.  Again this is Shale with Tiger.
>>
>> 13:27:47,796 ERROR [faces]:253 - Servlet.service() for servlet faces
>> threw exception
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no
>> ContextLoaderListener registered?

org.apache.shale.spring.WebApplicationContextVariableResolver.resolveVariable
(WebApplicationContextVariableResolver.java:87)

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Shale-Clay%3A-Are-managed-beans-mandatory-in-xml-view--p1873169.html