Browsers do not send a request parameter for check boxes that are not
checked. Input of type text is always sent. I'm guessing what you see is
the box not being "unchecked"... You need to set it in the reset method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Stein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:08 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: html:checkbox not storing property

Hi folks,

I have a jsp page with a struts html:checkbox looking as follows:

The backupform is defined in struts-config.xml as:

<form-bean name="backupForm" type="org.contineo.forms.BackupForm"/>

If I enter the page, the state of the checkbox is correctly set.
However, when I leave the page, the value of the checkbox is not
preserved. I debugged this a little bit and noticed that in the
BackupForm class first the reset(...) function is called and later the
isEnable() function, but not the setEnable(boolean e) function.

This is very strange, because in the same form I have another input
defined as follows:

styleClass="input"/>

Here the correct value is set during page load as well as after
forwarding to the next page. While leaving the page first the reset(...)
function of the BackupForm class is called, afterwards the
setPath(String p) function and later several times the getPath()
function.

So where is the difference between a html:checkbox and a html:text?

By the way, I'm using Struts 1.1.

Sebastian

The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.