I like to put any basic validations like required fields, field size,
and content (alphanumeric, date format) into the form.
Anything that requires a database call or extended business logic I do
in the action and delegate it off to a business/DAO class.

I find it is easier to manage things if they are seperated logically.
This is one of the benefits of using a MVC.

Shawn

On 6/15/06, Rick Reumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/15/06, Vishal Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can there be some thing which can be looked at or any ideas on what
> could be the better way to implement this sort of condition?

Do you really 'have' to bother using validate='true'? Personally, I
still find it much more conveineint to validate manually in my Action
class and skip the whole "validate=true" in the ActionMapping. You
then have complete control of what you need to do, plus it's easier to
understand imo. The bottom of this article has an example...
http://www.learntechnology.net/validate-manually.do

--
Rick