Hi

All of a sudden tomcat has stopped settign session cookies.  I have
been developing on my local machine for approx 1yr. Now, When I goto my
webapps home page: http:/127.0.0.1:8080/webapp), tomcat is rewriting
the URL as
http://127.0.0.1:8080/webapp/Welcome.do;jsessionid=DAF0604E76E234C157A9BFDF53FD2617,
indicating that it is not setting a session cookie.  When I check the
session cookie folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies. There is
no jsessionid cookie.

When I set a cookie from within webapp, the cookie is set as normal and
stored in the cookie folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies, and
is retrieved by my web application.

Why is Tomcat not setting a session cookie?

I configured my browser to accept all session cookies.  I am using
Windows XP Pro, with IE6, j2sdk1.4.2_08, Tomcat 5.0.28.

This has been working as it is supposed to for 1 year.

Can anyone explain what is going on?