Hi there,

my setup is similar - I have got a JSF frontend and a Spring controlled
business logic that handles RMI (client and server) and exception
handling (via AOP) declaratively. I'd suggest you take a look at Spring
since it eases development, keeps your app. simpler and smaller and
therefore reduces the number of (possible) errors.

HTH,
Tom