Hi,

I am using Struts 1.2 with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Redhat Linux. My problem is that the following error message is displayed when I submit a request URI that is mapped to a Struts action:

HTTP Status 404 - /exec/search.do
description  The requested resource (/exec/search.do) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

My directory struture looks like this:
/home/iwicorp8/public_html/
                                              WEB-INF
                                                               classes
                                                                lib (struts.jar
and related jars are in this directory)
                                                                web.xml

struts-config.xml
                                                images
                                                exec (jsps and html pages
relevant to 'exec' are in this directory.
                                                         The page which
produces the above error contains:
                                                        <form name="srchForm"
action="search.do" method="post" >  )
                                                abcd (jsps and html pages
relevant to 'abcd' are in this directory.)

The relevant action-mapping in my struts-config.xml is:
<action  path="/*/search"
              type="iwi.util.SearchAction"
              name="SearchForm"
             scope="request"
          input="/{1}/index.jsp">
 <forward  name="srch_results"         path="/{1}/index.jsp"/>
 </action>

Some important information:
1) The same web application with the same action mappings, same version of Struts and Tomcat 5.5.16, runs successfully on my development machine.
The major differences between my development platform and the live platform are:
   a) My development platform uses Windows XP. The live platform uses Redhat
Linux.
   b) In the live platform the JVM is shared and the Tomcat directories are
split from the user directories.
   c) On my development platform, the WEB-INF, exec and images sub-directories
are underneath TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\myapp
2) I do not have access to the Tomcat log files for my live application as the
web hosting company does not provide access to these.
However, they have checked the Tomcat log files and no error appears there.
3) I do not receive the above error if the jsps are placed directly underneath public_html. However, there is a reason why I am using sub-directories (like 'exec'). The 'exec' and 'abcd' sub-directories represents businesses. Each business has customised jsps and html pages but share the same action servlet, action classes
and database. As mentioned above, this sub-directory struture works perfectly
on my development machine.

I would really appreciate your help in resolving this problem which has me
completely stumped.

Many Thanks,
Vanessa