On 6/16/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/16/06, Scott Van Wart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to define the structure of a DynaValidatorForm on the fly
> instead of through struts-config.xml.  I had a look at FormBeanConfig
> and DynaActionFormClass (which says "Application developers never need
> to consult this documentation" :), but I'm not sure where to start.  I'd
> like to do something like this:
>
> <form-bean name="runtimeForm" type="mypkg.RuntimeForm" />

Do you really need to define the structure, or is it sufficient that
the form accepts whatever property you try to set on it?  I'm thinking
that one of the "lazy" varieties might work:

<form-bean name="runtimeForm"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.LazyValidatorForm" />

More info here:
http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/userGuide/building_controller.html#lazy_action_form_classes

Niall

This will work best if the forms are fairly flat and simple.  If they
have nested objects, you might have to do more work.

--
Wendy