>From: "Sean Schofield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I am writing an application that is using MyFaces tree2 to allow the
> user to navigate to a more detailed view of the item they click on. I
> just wanted some feedback on the following strategy:
>
> The node in the tree has an action method that puts the selected
> node's id into the request as a parameter. The String returned by the
> action method navigates you to a general detail page which is
> associated with a ViewController. The vc's init() method reads the
> node id out of the request and pulls the necessary info out of the
> data.
>
> Does this general approach make sense?

I think that's exactly what the extra callbacks on the view controller should
be used for.  You could use the setter injections stuff on a managed bean to
grab the values out of the request but without the view controller, you
wouldn't have a good hook for pre process or staging logic since the view root
doesn't have these kind of events.

> TIA,
>
> Sean

Gary