Hi,

I am using autocomplete feature (using prototype.js) for the name field.

<input name="company" type="text" value="name" MAXLENGTH=50/>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                                Event.observe(window, "load", function() {
                                        var aa = new AutoAssist("company",
function() {
                                        return "nameListServlet?q=" +
this.txtBox.value;
                                });
                        });
                </script>

The list is obtained from DB by the nameListServlet.

I am facing issues with special characters.
For example, if the name in the DB is "clienté" then the value comes on the
text drop down as "client?"

(If I run the nameListServlet servlet seperately and not part of this
implementation then I get the correct value as "clienté")

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Bharat