Is your form in the session scope in the struts-config.xml?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wiles, Cory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 June 2006 03:54
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Bean Information not Displaying on Failed Validation

I have a form that a user fills out, selects from a dropdown of a recipients
and when they click submit the form it is submitted to the recipient they
choose.  In the email that the recipient receives it has a display of the
filled in form information and a link at the bottom that the user can click
on that will take them to the form information so that they can edit it and
resubmit it to someone else.  There are certain fields which are validated
against some regular expressions in the validate() method.  My problem
arises when a user is editing a form and if there is a validation error
found in the validate() method then the form information is not displayed,
only the error message(s).

So the flow would be like this.

(input) index.jsp -> inventoryChange.do

email link is http://host.name/context_name/getInventoryAction.do?id=40

user would edit the form with id of 40, hit submit:

http://host.name/context_name/getInventoryAction.do?id=40 ->
http://host.name/context_name/updateInventoryAction.do

if the form fails "validate()" validation then all you see is:

*Error message
submit button and reset button

The form information isn't displaying.  Both action mappings are using the
same backin-bean so I don't understand why it isn't retaining the form
information if validation fails.  Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks...

--------
The Northgate IS Content Screening and Inspection system has scanned this
message for malicious and inappropriate content and none was found. Please
take care
when opening attachments even when these are expected and from known and
trusted
sources.