I do this very thing for required field messages and have no problem with
it.  Are you passing the value to the ActionError constructor?

'{0}' is a required field

On 6/20/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Hi All,

  I am using struts 1.2.8 , In my MessageResources.properties file i am
using  message key Found {0} records for NewYear's eve (just an example),
this throwing wrong format string exception, when i removed single quote
it's working fine and if there are no argument {0} then also its working
fine.But with two(combination of argument and single quote)  it's giving
the exception , so how i can escape the single quote in above sentence.

Thanks in advance.
Srinivas.