Thank you Don.
 I have done that and the session expiry problem is solved. The
bookmark problem still exists though...
 There is a way to overcome this as well:

  ActionForward forward = new ActionForward();
  forward.setPath(mapping.findForward("reload").getPath() + "&id=23");

 which redirects to http://my.foo.site/loadFoo.do&id=23 , but this is
a hack I wouldn't like to use (plus I would have to change the code
for ~60 classes many of which are DispatchActions: a lot of work
:))...

Antonis