On 6/22/06, Scott Van Wart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

With multibox, all the checkboxes have the same name:

<checkbox name="myCheckbox" value="A"> A</checkbox>
<checkbox name="myCheckbox" value="B"> B</checkbox>

So if none are checked, the property in the ActionForm will be
String[0].  If there's a way of checking array lengths in the validwhen
validator, that's all he should need, but I don't know, as I've never
done it myself.

You can do something with IndexedListProperty, but I'm not sure how
you would use that here.  You can also use individual checkbox fields
with diffrent name, but that sounds messy.

the html:multibox definition says:

In order to correctly recognize cases where none of the associated
checkboxes are selected, the ActionForm bean associated with this form
must include a statement setting the corresponding array to zero
length in the reset() method.

This seems to imply that you can probably check if it is null.