David Friedman wrote:
Also, if you are using Eclipse, I believe a new RELEASE version is coming
out in the next week (or sooner) so you might want to upgrade almost
immediately once it comes out in case it has any benefits (speed, new
features, better possible stability, etc.).

That's right, "Callisto is coming in 1 day." I use Eclipse for my day-to-day work. I haven't used Netbeans in awhile. Anyway, the Eclipse Web Tools Platform works well enough for me in that it supports autocompletion of taglibs, and has some javascript support in addition to XML and HTML features. I use ANT to build my projects and reload Tomcat Contexts. I've also tried the Maven 2 plugin for Eclipse and it's kind of nice in that it pulls in dependencies and attachs the source for things like javadoc support and ctrl-clicking into API calls (among other things). I opted against using the Maven 2 plugin for right now, though, because it seems a bit unintuitive in its current state.

-Dave