yes both of em, I've post a pice of the config file ;)
yes either, both has validate(ActionMapping arg0, HttpServletRequest
arg1) signature.
My struts version is 1.2.9.

Looking at the logs, for the action/form that just skip validation:
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-6148719]
RequestUtils.createActionForm(300) |  -->
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-6148719]
RequestProcessor.processActionForm(339) |  Storing ActionForm bean
instance in scope 'request' under attribute key 'cadastrarVotanteForm'
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-6148719]
RequestProcessor.processPopulate(805) |  Populating bean properties
from this request
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-6148719]
RequestProcessor.processValidate(948) |  Validating input form
properties
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-6148719]
RequestProcessor.processValidate(953) |   No errors detected,
accepting input

Well no errors detected? It does not even calls my validate method...

Now for the other action:

 [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestUtils.createActionForm(294) |  Creating new ActionForm instance
of type 'com.synos.pbh.opdigital.view.form.mailing.VisitanteForm'
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestUtils.createActionForm(300) |  -->
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestProcessor.processActionForm(339) |  Storing ActionForm bean
instance in scope 'request' under attribute key
'cadastrarVisitanteForm'
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestProcessor.processPopulate(805) |  Populating bean properties
from this request
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestProcessor.processValidate(948) |  Validating input form
properties
    [java] [OPDIGITAL] DEBUG [HttpRequestHandler-20077295]
RequestProcessor.processValidate(980) |  Validation failed, returning
to '/cadastroVisitante.do'

This time, as the validate method is called, and it fails, i get the
proper message.

Dude I hate this little bugs, Im sure I missed something somewhere ...

Regards