I was just checking out the struts website as I try to make my mind up about which version of struts to go with on my current project. Due to interesting work on my latest project with Spring Webflow, I now have some catching up to do with struts.
My pragmatism is telling me to take 1.2.9, but my love of playing is telling me
to take 2.0, so it seems 1.3.x is a good compromise. I see struts 1.3.5 is
available as a snapshot from the maven snapshot repository.

However there isn't even a link to the javadoc for it on the website that I
could find. Is 1.3.5 beta or alpha? Also, where should I be looking for docs of
1.3.x feature enhancements such as chaining?

Also, there have been some quotes about 1.3 that I'd like to find out more
about, e.g.:

"In fact, in Struts 1.3, some of the same "convention of configuration" practices
are applied in the configuration files: you can define mapping conventions in struts-config.xml
without having to define every single action." (from Patrick Lightbody)

Are there any references to this convention of configuration practice for struts 1.3?

Thanks
Adam