But what if my jsp page that I want to display the DAO info is a read only
page ie. doesn't have an <html:form> element on it?  Would I still populate
the ActionForm and use it to display or would I just pass a regular POJO to
jsp and use <bean:write> or jsp or scriptlet to display?

On 7/18/06, Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/18/06, Mississippi John Hurt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I know ActionForm can be used to transfer html-form-input-fields to the
> Action class. But what about the other way around? Can it be used to say
get
> a DAO object and transfer its properties to the ActionForm, which when
the
> request is forwarded to a jsp, is readily available or populates the
labels
> on the screen.

Of course. See this for some insights:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsManualActionClasses You can use
one action or two actions and just one actionform. The actionform acts
as I/O buffer.