Thanks all for replying... I wasn't a Struts matter.

BEA has as default value for servlet reload time 1 sec ( lame default
settings for a production enviroment). That creates locks during
redirects especially if the page has 7-8 tiles on it. Now all is good!

Thanks for replying and I'm sure this will help other in-trouble-souls :)!
MC