David Evans on 24/07/06 22:20, wrote:
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 21:45 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
Ted Husted on 24/07/06 15:22, wrote:
The package that delivers the interceptor mechanism is XWork. XWork also handles matcing things like URIs to action mappings and it provides the base validation framework. Surprisingly little is actually in Struts 2 itself. Most of the functionality derives from XWork, which is web-neutral. XWork is already being used to power other frameworks.
I've divided up my response as you may have noticed from the list of emails from my email address.

It all looks very interesting. I just read some stuff on the xworks opensymphony site and it looks pretty sound [1] and [2]. You guys must be working like dogs, there seems to be so much there to integrate. Kudos and respect to you all, this seems to be more and more important the more I find out.

I am pondering on the command/dispatch style action mechanism like DispatchAction where the dispatch switch is based on an HTTP parameter identified by its prefix.

Would that mechanism be implemented by a pre-action listener? I'm trying to pick up the lingo on the hoof here [2].

This page will help:
http://opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/ActionMapper.html

If a parameter is sent which has the string "method:" as its beginning,
the DefaultActionMapper uses the rest of the string as the name of the
method to execute for that request.

Super. That is just what I was looking for. It's going straight into my Struts 1.3 app.

regards
Adam