From: Andreas Hartmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:47 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: dynamic casting in Action class

Hello!

I've got the following problem in an action-class: I dynamically want to
retrieve the ActionForm class, which has been called before the
Action-class.

Statically, I do this with
ActionFormClass afc = (afc)fm;

How is it done dynamically? I've got the String name of the desired
Class-Name in an Hashtable. I tried it with reflection, but stuck:

Class classDefinition = Class.forName(ClassName_as_string);
classDefinition afc = (classDefinition)fm;

The last line gives the error:

cannot find symbol classDefinition
symbol  : class classDefinition

Has anybody an idea, how to do it?

Thanks,
Andreas

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer
Solutions and / or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual
or the entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination
of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this email from your
records.

Gareth Evans

Software Developer

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.