Matt Kurjanowicz ha scritto:
That is what I get - sorry I confused myself with my example.

No problem, I thought really it was a Tiles bug :-)
Ok if I understood you correctly, you wish to override an attribute that has been put inside another definition, right? In this case, you cannot do this directly (though in Standalone Tiles I posted a patch about nested definitions, but that's another story), you have to create a new definition that extends .lib.layout and use this one inside .lib.home.

<definition name=".lib.layout.new" extends=".lib.layout">
  <put name="libContent" value="/lib/home.jsp" />
</definition>

<definition name=".lib.home" extends=".lib.default">
  <put name="title" value="Library Home" />
  <put name="libContent" value=".lib.layout.new" />
</definition>

HTH
Antonio