Monkeyden said:
> Sorry George, I misread one of the previous posts in my
> response to yours. You're correct.  JSP is not the place for
> this type of authentication/validation, although I don't know
> that I would want everything to ActionServlet handles to
> require a referer.  I dont suspect that spiders typically
> pass a referer.  If true, a public Struts site would never
> get indexed had a referer been required for all ActionServlet
> requests.

No, I wouldn't use referer for anything other than returning to a page
after intercepting an request (for login, perhaps).

I'm just suggesting having a filter in front of the pages that require
login and have it check the user's session for the appropriate
credentials for the page.

 - George
   http://www.idiacomputing.com