Thank you Rahul, this was exactly what I needed. I was not formerly familiar
with the fmt taglib.

On 8/15/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/15/06, James Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Puneet,
>
> Thank you for your response. The problem is that this does not work
outside
> of the land of struts configuration. Using struts configuration, each
jsp
> has access to all the keys in the Messages.properties file for its
module
> (or actually, whichever module the ActionForm that forwards to that jsp
is
> in). However, my servlet does not have a struts module and thus any jsp
it
> forwards to has no inherent Messages.properties file from which to
retrieve
> keys. It is possible to retrieve these keys from inside my servlet by
using
> the ResourceBundle.getBundle() function with the argument being the
fully
> qualified class name of the Messages.properties file. But when I try to
> access these keys from my jsp using the <bean:message> tag I get an
error,
> leading me to believe that there must be some other place where the keys
> recognized by that tag are being populated, I simply don't know where.

<snip/>

If your not in the Struts realm, use the JSTL format taglib (you may
use it even if you are). The implementation details of the bean taglib
depend on Struts specific APIs, such as MessageResources.

-Rahul