On 8/16/06, Aladin Alaily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My understanding is that when the users turn off cookies, struts
automatically encodes the session id and saves it in the URL, using
encodeURL.

Now, I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent this (encoding the
session) so that when the users disable cookies sessions simply don't
work.

Sessions are handled by the servlet container, and IIRC, the
specification requires the container to handle sessions without
cookies.  Check your container's documentation, and refer to the
servlet spec for the version you're using.

--
Wendy