The default extension for Struts2 is "action". The default makes it
easier to use both Struts 1 and Struts 2 in the same web applications.

To change the default to ".do", add a "struts.properties" file under
classes with the line

struts.action.extension = do

A good starting point is the Struts 2 MailReader application.
Unfortunately, the nightly build doesn't bundle the source, so the
best thing might be to check out the source from Subversion.

* http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html#Source_Code

I'll be updating the wiki tutorials next week with additional
material, adopted from the MailReader Training course.

-Ted.