Hello,

Sorry for posting this in Struts mailing list but I can't seem to get an
answer on any other discussion groups. I've always had great results getting
good answers here so here goes...

I have a Filter in my app that uses the request.getServletPath() method to
get the name of the page being invoked without the context path.

This worked fine until I try to invoke a servlet. For example, if I invoke a
url like http://localhost/app1/servlet/package.ServletName the result of
calling request.getServletPath() is '/servlet'.

However, if I make the same call when I'm in the servlet the result is
'/servlet/package.ServletName'

Why does it give a different result in the filter and the servlet?

Thanks!