I think first of all you should share with us, what kind of
web-application you intend to build. Depending on this a discussion of
frameworks make sense.

regards
Leon

On 8/28/06, Dan Cancro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi group,

  I haven't done web app development in a while and was wondering whether  the
field of options for garden variety browser-UI, data-based web  applications
had narrowed any since last time.  Here are the ones  I knew of in 2003.  If
anyone knows a current survey of these, I'd  love to hear from you.  If you
have any thoughts on why we need  more than one, I'd love to hear from you too.
 Thanks.

  Framework options of 2003

  *3X
  *Apache:Struts
  *Apache:Turbine
  *Applied Knowledge:Kona
  *Bear River:Janx
  *Brainopolis:Theseus
  *Cappuccino.net:StrutsCX
  *DBForms.org:DBForms
  *Enhydra:Barracuda (formerly Rocks)
  *Japple.org:Japple
  *JCorporate:Expresso 4.1
  *Melati
  *Mercatis:wingS
  *Netspective:Sparx
  *NextApp:Echo
  *Niggle.org:Niggle
  *Oop.com:Hammock
  *Opencode:Stxx
  *OpenSymphony:OSWorkFlow
  *OpenSymphony:Webwork
  *Petr Toman:ActionServlet
  *Primix:Tapestry
  *Salmon LLC:JADE
  *SourceForge:Bishop
  *SourceForge:JPublish
  *SourceForge:JStateMachine
  *SourceForge:Maverick
  *SourceForge:Millstone
  *SourceForge:OHTML
  *SourceForge:OpenSymphony
  *Sun:iPlanet Application Framework (JATO)
  *Sun:JavaServer Faces (a.k.a. JSR 127)
  *Thinlets
  *Tigris:Joist
  *TILab:Jade
  *Virtual School:JWAA
  Aoraki:JADE
  Apple:Webobjects
  Fourbit:MVC Client
  IBM:Jade
  IBM:Sash Weblications
  IBM:ServletManager
  IBM:Thin Client Framework (TCF)
  Jcorporate:Expresso Enterprise
  JotObjects:Jot Servlets
  Kenamea
  Macromedia:Flash Remoting
  Macromedia:Spectra
  Microsoft: ASP.NET Application Framework
  Novell:Web Application Framework
  ObjectFX:Web Resource Application Framework
  OpenACS (a.k.a. ArsDigita)
  Oracle:Business Components for Java (BC4J)
  Oracle:UIX
  Qbizm Tech:HyperQbs
  RealMethods:App Infrastructure Builder
  SmartMode
  Vignette:E-Business Application Platform
  Wakesoft:Architecture Server 3.0
  Zim Application Development Language

  *=free