Andrey Falaleev wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'd have the following question: Let's suppose I call a Struts action, which is bound to a particular form through struts-config.xml. As far as I know, the request is being analysed internally by Struts at the beginning, such that for each form property the corresponding request parameter is searched by name. E.g., if there is a property 'id' in a form, the reqest is analysed for an 'id' parameter. Am I right?
The question is: may I specify a request parameter name for the particular form
property manually? E.g., to tell Struts that for the form property 'id' I would
like to use the request parameter 'objectId'?

I don't think this is possible in struts without serious modifications. Perhaps with a composable request processor, but as it stands, I think the following method is employed:

  http://tinyurl.com/k9f69

and it basically copies based on property names. I question the validity of this request parameter to bean property map. Seems easier and reasonable to impose matching names.

-Dave