sheetal wrote:
Hi All,
I had problem..
I am trying to implement client side validation using Validator FRamework.
I have added validator-rules.xml,  and validation.xml, in my web -inf file.
And made following entry in validation.xml
<formset>

       <form name="runCommandForm">

           <field property="commandId"
                   depends="required">
            <arg0   key="cmdView.errors.required" />
           </field>
                        </form>
    </formset>

i have also added added an entry in struts config.xml.
<struts-config>
 <data-sources />
 <form-beans >
<form-bean name="selectCommandForm" type="com.hns.nme.frontend.apps.cmdexecution.form.SelectCommandForm" /> <form-bean name="runCommandForm" type="com.hns.nme.frontend.apps.cmdexecution.form.RunCommandForm" />
   </form-beans>

 <global-exceptions />
 <global-forwards />
 <action-mappings>
   <action  path="/selectCommand"
type="com.hns.nme.frontend.apps.cmdexecution.action.SelectCommandAction"
     scope="request">
     <forward name="success" path="/JSP/RunCommand.jsp" />
     <forward name="failure" path="/JSP/Error.jsp" />
   </action>
     <action  path="/runCommand"
     type="com.hns.nme.frontend.apps.cmdexecution.action.RunCommandAction"
     input="/JSP/RunCommand.jsp"
     attribute="runCommandForm"
     name="runCommandForm"
     scope="request">
     <forward name="success" path="/selectCommand.do" />
     <forward name="failure" path="/selectCommand.do" />
   </action>
    </action-mappings>

<message-resources parameter="com.hns.nme.frontend.apps.cmdexecution.ApplicationResources" />

 <!-- Validator Configuration -->
   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
     <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
   </plug-in>

</struts-config>

Extended my form class  from ValidatorActionForm.
AND iN JSP PAGE i HAVE ADDED
also..

Still it's not working..

Not working how? Does validation fail completely, or only on the client? It looks like you may have a mis-match between your form bean base class and the way you've specified the validation rules; ValidatorActionForm validates based on the action mapping path, not the form name. So, you either need to change your validation.xml to something like this:

  <form name="/runCommand" ...

or switch your form beans to be derived from ValidatorForm instead of ValidatorActionForm.

If server-side validation is working and it's just client-side validation that's not, do you have the html:javascript tag somewhere in your page?

L.