Hi,
I am developing Web Client using Struts framework. I am facing problem
in following scenarios.
My application has a Pop Up Window which refreshes after some regular
interval (minutes). The first time when the window opens, the data which
is displayed in
Tabular Grid is fetched through the Web service Call from the Database.
Now, during subsequent refreshes of the window , I don't want to perform
the Database hit (web service call). The Data to be loaded in tabular
grid (I am using displayTag library) should be available From the Web
Server.
I have tried using the Session object. It works fine. However, we want
to avoid using the Session object due to its limitations.
I have also tried using ThreadLocal object. But during refresh of the
page, the list which was stored in ThreadLocal during first call of the
web service, is lost.
I am sure someone may have faced similar problems before, Any ideas to
solve the above problem would be helpful and appreciated.