From: Puneet Lakhina [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Setting a Variable in Javascript Functions parameter

On 9/7/06, nirav bumia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just pass the variable jsMessage(remove the quotes)  i.e.
> > confirmationMessage(jsMessage)">
>
> and use this variable in javascript.

I suppose you are trying to pass a variable that you have in some scope in
your jsp to your javascript function.

Am not really sure the above suggested solution will work. Reason being
there is no way for struts(or your jsp processor) to know if this is
variable isnt actually a javascript variable.

I would use something like this

'<%="returnconfirmationMessage(jsMessage)" %>'

Try it and let us know what happens.
--
Puneet