On 9/15/06, Dean, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Interesting problem...

I have a submit button which includes a property = "method" with
value="Save"...the enclosing form is submitted to a Struts
DispatchAction sub-class which is configured to rely on the "method"
parameter for delegation.

In order to prevent a double-submit, in my onSubmit() javascript I
disable the button and immediately thereafter "return true"....however,
I proved that the disabling of the button prevents the required method
parameter from being included in the request...

True. Anything that is disabled in HTML is not submitted in the request.
This is how HTML works and has nothing to do with struts.

I thought about a hidden field but I also established that they ARE NOT
added to the request upon submission...

How did you arrive at this conclusion. You might be doing something wrong.
Because hidden fields are supposed to be and ARE added to the request,
infact they dont really make sense if they are not added.

Any ideas?

Post your code,and then maybe someone can suggest an approach.

Michael Dean

Senior Java Programmer

JIS Applications Maintenance

Information Services Division