If you are using TilesRequestProcessor as your controller (and it's probably not limited to this class) you can extend it to add any methods you need to call from an Action's execute(...) method. The trick is getting an instance of the controller from within the action - and I don't know how to do that off hand.

I've previously asked this question but did not receive a satisfactory response - someone suggested that it might be on the request - it wasn't.

-adam

Gupta, Rahul wrote:
Hi,
I have a layout JSP (layout.jsp) with two tiles. I am using tile
controllers to populate data to be displayed in each tile. Code is
specified below. If an exception is thrown by 2nd tile controller, is
there a way to redirect to a completely new JSP (say error.jsp), instead
of displaying the layout JSP? There is no return Actionforward from a
org.apache.struts.tiles.Controller (as is present in Action class).

Thanks, RG layout.jsp:
<HTML><BODY><table>
        <tiles:insert definition=".A"/>
        <tiles:insert definition=".B"/>
<definition name=".A" path="/a.jsp" controllerClass="ATileController" />
<definition name=".B" path="/b.jsp" controllerClass="BTileController" />