I have been using the sslext library for some time. I have only used it with Struts 1.1 and 1.2 though, never with 1.3.

As for your concerns regarding the custom controller/processor class, sslext comes with a SecureTilesRequestProcessor class. I have been using it with tiles without issue.

Adam

Michael Rush wrote:
I'm looking into implementing something to force ssl for logins (and a few other pages) and then switching back to standard http once logged in.

I found sslext at http://sslext.sourceforge.net/ but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a couple of years. I have a couple of concerns:
 * I'm running struts 1.3.x, which isn't officially supported
* it requires using a custom controller/processorClass. I'm currently using the TilesRequestProcessor. So (I think) I'd have to create a custom Tiles processor that extends their SecureRequestProcessor.

Are any of you using sslext? Or, any other solution?

I also saw Ted's page at http://husted.com/struts/FAQ/controller-ssl.htm where another solution was offered, but I'm opposed to putting the host/domain info in the struts config file.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael