On 9/26/06, Labey Sébastien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, I'm new to Struts2 and i don't really understand how does Interceptor
technique work.

There's an example of an Interceptor in the MailReader example. It
uses it to provide application-based authentification. It's a
"before-only" interceptor.

Here's a link to the source code: http://tinyurl.com/lj93r

I haven't tried the listener yet myself, but there's some detail on it here.

* http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/can-we-access-an-actions-result.html

Along with implementing the interface, it looks like we need to register it too.

As a rule, most applications will never need to create a custom
interceptor, but when you do need them, I've yet to see a better way
to extend a framework's workflow.

-- HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/