Hi,

thanks but the reply but I think it does exactly what I want to avoid (and what I'm currenlty doing) : Create a second temp file by reading the inputsream into a new FileOutputStream.

I'm looking into the possibility to get the filepath (when exist) of the FormFile, not the inpustream.

Mark Shifman wrote:

An action like this should do it:
public final class UploadAction extends Action {
   public ActionForward execute( ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception {

       UploadForm theForm = (UploadForm) form;
       FormFile file = theForm.getTheFile();
       String fileName = file.getFileName();

       try {
               String filePath =
                   tempdir + "/" + fileName;
               //retrieve the file data

               InputStream stream = file.getInputStream();

               //write the file to the file specified
               OutputStream bos = new FileOutputStream(filePath);
               int bytesRead = 0;
               byte[] buffer = new byte[8192];
               while ((bytesRead = stream.read(buffer, 0, 8192)) != -1) {
                   bos.write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
               }
               bos.close();
               //close the stream
               stream.close();
       } catch (Exception ex) {
                 throw ex;
       }

       file.destroy();

       return (mapping.findForward("anywhereyouwant");

   }
      Laurent Duparchy wrote:

Hi,

My front-end program upload files and then forward the file path to another server side program that handle them.

The problem is that I have to read the FormFile data and store it into another temp file.

It would increase performances this data duplication and have access directly to the Struts temp file.

I can't see how.

I understand that there is maybe no file at all, as a small size a file will be stored in memory, but is the maybe existing underlying FileItem avaiable in anyway ?

Laurent