I have a Struts action which extracts field values from the request object and then uses these values to set the name of a file which the application reads from. The code responsible for forming the file name currently resides in the action. Is this the best place to put it? This code cannot be considered business logic but rather application logic and I would like to decouple application logic from control logic as much as possible. Is there a particular design pattern that Struts applications rely on to achieve this? Is it sufficient to simply put this code in a helper class? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Asad