Vishal Seth wrote:
Hi,
   I need to know what could be the suitable way of proving custom
implementation for the MessageResourceFactory. I have tried with 2 ways:

1) By Overriding ActionServlet and providing implementation for
initModuleMessageResources() and setting my own factory class rather
than the default one. In the factory class I override createResources()
to provide my implementation class.

2) By writing a new plug-in and setting the factory class as done in
method one.

I cannot think of any other options other than the two above specified.
Is there a better way to provide custom implementation or which one of
the above would be a better solution to implement?

The preferred way to do this is through configuration. Set the 'factory' attribute of your 'message-resources' element to the fully qualified class name of your implementation of MessageResourcesFactory. See the documentation comments in struts-config*.dtd for more details.

L.