The trick is normally to name the "id" used in the <logic:iterate> to
the same name as the property for your "list of product" in your
ActionForm (i.e. newProducts in your example):

<logic:iterate id="newProducts" property="newProducts">
</logic:iterate>

Which should then produce the html you're expecting:

<input type="text" name="newProducts[0].name" />

Niall