On your upload form, your property that maps to your file upload input should
be of type org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile. Then save the FormFile
.getFileData() and FormFile.getContentType() to the database.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay Venkataraman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 November 2006 09:11
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [OT] Identify file type

Hi,
I have requirement where uploaded files exists in database as blobs. Now
i need to retrieve the file and push this to the browser.
I have no clue as to what the file type is. So i am not in a position to
set the content type clearly. Does any one know of a utility which can
identify the file type?

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman