On 11/3/06, Balwinder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

I am developing an application in struts in which I needed to download a
file from a server.  When iam clicking on download button, file lose its
extension and it with the action ie .do and does not open with the
associated application.

Any help is highly appreciated.

You need to do something like this.
response.setHeader ("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=foo.pdf");

where foo.pdf is the file name you want to be displayed to the
user.Imassuming since the file is being served you are correctly
setting the the
content type of your response.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,