Hello,

[Ted Husted wrote:]

> Valiation isn't passing. That's why "input" is being returned, and why
> the Action class is never invoked. If the messages are not displaying,
> the most likely cause is that a property is being validated that is
> not present on the page (so there is no where to display the message).
> If the validator is being attached to the Action class, note that a
> subclass will inherit the validations of its superclass.
>
> You might want to try the new debugging mode to see if there are any
> orphan field validation errors.
>
> * http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/debugging.html

Once again I am humbled by your mystical kung-fu. I looked at my
-validation.xml file, and sure enough, I had mystyped one of the form
field names. Being new to Struts, now I'm sort of wondering what good is
<s:actionerrors />? Will this only contain errors I set during the
execution of my action?

> One note about the wildcards and the exclamation point. If you use the
> exclamation point as a wildcard separator, in struts.properties be
> sure to set
>
> * struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation = false
>
> Better yet, stick with the underscore. I find it to be an
> easier-to-read separator.

All 'best practice' advice is appreciated! I made the change and will
use the underscore from here on out.

Thanks again!