From: Bruno Melloni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 1:11 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Struts 1.3.5 and Eclipse 3.2

I did some testing and came to the conclusions below.  I might be wrong, but
I think these are correct:

- Eclipse 3.2 (plus plug-ins) is not yet compatible with Struts 1.3.x.
Chances are that it is also incompatible with Struts 2.0.x.
- Struts 1.3.x has changed how TLD tags are placed on the project structure.

- The Struts 1.3.x approach seems to be to supply them inside
struts-taglib-1.3.5.jar, and to access them through the classpath in
/META-INF/tld.
- The Struts 1.3.x approach should not cause problems when executing the
application, but is a nuisance in the Eclipse Editor.
- The old 1.2.x approach of placing the TLDs in /WEB-INF is still usable.
- The Eclipse 3.2 editor will only recognize tags placed in /WEB-INF.

So...

Band-aid solution:
 - Extract TLD files from struts-taglib-1.3.5.jar into the /WEB-INF folder
 - Use the old URI: "/WEB-INF/<whicheverTag>.tld"

Real solution:
 - Eclipse 3.2 needs a bug-fix.  It should be reading the URI, and not rely
on a specific location.

Bruno