From: Andrew Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 November 2006 13:36
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Validation + multiple Submit buttons

Hi,

I have just begun to add validation to my forms using struts validator, which
is quite nice. I have however a problem when I have more than one submit button
on a form.

For example I have a Save button and a Back button.
The Back button is also a submit (instead of a standard button - basically
because we are creating a JS free applciation!)

Within the struts configuration the validate is set to true for this action
with an input page defined.
The validation is set to check certain fields are not empty.

As both buttons call the same action the validation is called on both, but I do
not want validation to occur on certain submit actions (namely the Back button)

Ideally I would like to configure this in the XML Struts-config.xml or
validation.xml but I am not sure if this is actually possible (I fear the worst)

If anyone has any tips, much appreciated.

Andrew