A little more info....

The following exception is thrown when trying to start the app with the
listener:
2006-11-28 10:44:15 StandardContext[/myapp]Exception sending context
initialized event to listener instance of class
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tiles/TilesContainer

If I turn off the listener, the app will start up but I get an NPE in
TilesResult.getComponentDefinition, likely because the Listener didn't get
to do its thing.

I am currently using struts2-tiles-plugin-2.0.1.jar and
tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Going to try hunting down TilesContainer in other JARs.  If I get stuck,
I'll try to throw together a sample app today to demonstrate the issue.