I have a JSP and there's a link in the rendered page that makes an AJAX call
(to a Struts action) when clicked.  The results of that action, and the
contents of the response are set as the innerHTML on a hidden <div> defined
inside the afore mentioned rendered page.  The <div> is then un-hid.

Everything is working correctly except for one part:  When the div is
displayed, the JavaScript code in the contents returned by the AJAX call
isn't being executed and thus, the contents of the <div> aren't set up
correctly.

Does anyone know a way to have the JavaScript be executed?  Or force the
browser to execute it?

I used to have an <iframe> and everything worked great, but there was a bad
side effect with session timeouts and so we've decided to not use them.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Adam