Hi Guys

I am new to Struts.Could any one send me a sample code where in i can set
the form bean values through the request and then retrieve the form beans
values in a jsp.

Thanking n advance

Sab

On 11/7/06, Thom Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What are common simple mistakes that would prevent validation from
occuring?
I've got a simple struts application that runs correctly except that
validation doesn't occur. The form info is accepted as correct when
required
information is missing.

I'm trying to figure out what's missing from my setup or understanding.

The ValidatorForm (my extension) class has appropriate get and set
functions
for all fields.
(The fields are spread over 3 jsp pages, if that matters.)
I've added the validator plugin to the struts-config, the action mapping
has
validate="true" and a valid input path,  added the validation-rules and
validation.xml file, added the resource properties file with the standard
errors (taken from the struts file).

If I write my own validate method in the form bean that validation works
properly. It's my understanding that if I'm using the validation
framework,
I should not have a validate() method in the form.

Am I misunderstanding something? Any ideas what might be setup wrong or
missing.

--
Naduvilothi Sabriz
Mobile:001 443-631-0150(U.S.A)

" In the Middle of Difficulty lies opportunity"