You can also do this with a bit of javascript that manipulates the dom, which ultimately does as Rahul suggests, only no need for a custom tag.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017

On Dec 4, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Albert L Sapp wrote:

I think the original question was how to *avoid *displaying previous information that was entered by a previous user, I believe. Firefox does retain form field information to "help" the user enter information in the field the next time they use the form. If, however, more than one user makes use of the browser there is a possibility of the next user gaining access to that previously entered information.

Short of disabling the feature in the browser options, I am not sure of any way to keep this from happening. But then, I am very much a novice at forms and browsers.

Al

Asthana, Rahul wrote:
Extend html:text to support "autocomplete"?

-----Original Message-----
From: grifoxx [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 3:43 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Autocomplete attribute in Struts tags

Hi I am developing a web application that allow the user to make online
payments, so my question is:

How can avoid the browser to redisplay or autocomplete an input when a user type in. For instance in firefox the user can see what other users typed
before.

I know that the html:text or any other struts tag does not use this
attribute but there must be a way to do this because this kind of
information is very important to show it.