On 12/5/06, Thom Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need to set up my first page with a sequence of database interactions
before the execute() method is called (I think). What's the recommended
struts way of doing so.

All requests go through the controller, never straight to the JSP.

Once that pattern is established, you can either have a separate
'setup' action, or use a dispatch-style action with a setup method.

There are several good tutorials here, I believe 'Lesson 2' shows a
setup action.  http://learntechnology.net/

--
Wendy